Friday, 16 June 2006

My Friends

So... I guess I've been meaning to say something like this for some time now.  The thing is I've had a lot of very good friends in my life.  More than I deserve really - and while I'm not going into names right now, chances are you're one of them.

Old and new, young and old, you've all been more than I could have asked for in supporting me and helping me through life, and yeah - it's been great to have you as part of this journey - I just want you all to know how mcuh I appreciate every single one of you.

That said... I know I don't always show it very much.  Sometimes in fact, it's fair to say I'm a downright git with all the consideration, empathy, and honour of a Vorta in a bad mood.  You can prolly all think of times... I dunno what would get into me... but I'm sorry forwhen I let people down, and when I fail peoples trust.  Everytime, it stays with me for a long time, I try to pay penance is different ways but ultimately it should always coe back to sorry.  So sorry.

 

I think most of you know appart from being an occasional jerk - I am, and will always be here for any of you.  I really mean that - anything you need, what's mine is yours.  From where I live to what I've learnt - it's all there for you guys and I don't want you to hesitate on calling that in.  I think once upon a time I might have been a port of call when people needed a place and a person to just be for a while - and it's been a while, some might think I'm not really the same guy anymore - but it's still true.

 

The last few years... I think it's fair to say I've gone against the grain of my home people.  My beliefs have undergone significant development, my life has become perhaps unacceptable to some of the people who love me and respected me.  You might think I don't care what you think, or that you don't care what I consider... the latter isn't really up to me I guess - but I do care what you think - and I haven't forgotten the things we were taught or stopped understanding life from those views - but my journey, one I was always prophecised to take - has taken me through some difficult terrain that's ultiately taught me a lot about God and creation.  But before I get too metaphorical and flowery in this blog, I'll just bring it to the important point, that different details of beliefs and theologies, can't ever stand in the way of love between people - and this goes for my love for all of you.

 

So... sorry... the people I've wronged - if it makes you feel any better you can apply for compensationry favours or maybe just drop me a hint you want way more appologising - you're totally entitiled to both and worth every moment I could have to invest in our relationships.

And I love you all - you can count on me to be there, and call on me to help.

And I do respect, and love you all far more than I think I portray - which - I'm working on - but know that I really do.

 

And that's it.

 

__

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment