Tuesday, 5 September 2006

A watched Server never turns

As I write this blog I'm waitong for SQL Server 2005 to uninstall itself bit by bit.  Uninstalling something like this is exteremely depressing because you just know in addition to the things that weren't working right before you removed it, all the things that were will now... not.  You may wonder then why I'd do such a thing, and the answer is simply - it's the last resort.

I think I need a book on it.  Or an experienced user to sit in my drawer.  What I know for sure is that online references to it are as confussed as I am by it's vague and intermitant error messages.  (I'm a little stressed - can you tell?)

 

Anyway, while I wait, I've been browsing for a decent SQL handbook and checking out my deathclock, which at this moment in time says...

 

I'm gonna die in about 51 years



 

Yeah - still a while left, and a large percent of that may well be taken up wrestling with Servers and connection issues.

  Well, you know, that's if you *want* to see the silver lining

 

Ok - lesson learn, Death Clock and SQL Server are a bad combo.

 

I'm also ammusing myself with a few MSN chats (UPDATE: we are re-installing SQL Server now), and of course, blogging.  I should prolly post too.

 

But - I think once this install is done, I'll go home - maybe post there.

__

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment